Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My 1st 5K!

This past Saturday, I ran in my very first 5k!  Granted, I've run/walked in a handful of 5ks... but this one was what I have been working up to with the Couch to 5K program.  Here are some pics, enjoy!  I am looking forward to my next 5k! :)  I think I'm addicted to running! :)  My time was 36:08, with only 5 minutes of walking at mile 2 at the water station.  My next goal is 34 minutes- no walking!

Brian and Alaina mapping out a plan:


 Ready for the race to begin!  (I didn't get home from Freudenfest that night before until 1:30... so I was a little tired!!!)
 Jen and I running at 2 miles!

After running 2 miles, I can still chEEEEEse for the camera!



 Some of the group that was running with us! :)

 My new running shoes!  Funny story- Lisa snapped this picture as a joke, but I thought I'd put it on there to show off my new duds!  My next purchase: Nike+ Smart Chip.


 Jen winning 1st place in her age division!

Brian winning 1st place in his age division!

I won 1st place in my age division as well, but not sure why my picture won't upload.

Had fun, and can't wait for the next one! :)
On to week 7 of C5K

No comments:

Post a Comment