Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wade

Wade.  Funny Man.
Wade has several nicknames:  Waders, Wader Bs, Monkey, Meathead, Love.  Here are some things you should know about my oldest, Wade.


1.  He needs a knock-knock joke to smile right for the camera.  He usually does this big cheesy fake smile (see pic below), until I tell him the knock knock joke... and it's one he made up.  Goes like this:
Mommy: Knock Knock
Wade: Whos there?
Mommy: Pickles
Wade: Pickels who?
Mommy: Pickels in a jar! 

He made that up about a year ago, and it never fails to get him to give a big belly laugh and a natural smile.  I love it!  Here's a pic pre-knock knock joke:

2.  He's silly.  (As you can already tell from the above knock knock joke.)  Here he is putting his Easter basket on his head.  You can always find him doing something to crack someone up.

3.  He's independent.  Maybe it's the terrible 3s I've been hearing about, but lately Wade has gotten SO independent-and insists on doing everything himself!!! Here he is coloring the Easter eggs all by himself because he didn't want any help.  Later he got some help from Papaw, but not without a little coaxing.


4.  He wants to go to school... right now.  I teach Kindergarten, so he hears me talk about school, so he thinks he needs to go NOW.  The other day he was going to the bathroom, and I heard this:

            Wade: Henry, you need to leave the bathroom because I'm about to wipe my butt and it's practice  
                        for preschool because you have to wipe your own butt in preschool.

5.  He is named after my brother's middle name, Wade.  His middle name is my husband's name, Benjamin.

6.  He's always trying to make people laugh.  Here he is trying to make me laugh as I'm taking this picture of him and his friend Michael. (and when I said, Wade put in your tongue, Michael stuck his out... so I have 2 pics of these boys... 1 with Wade's tongue out, and 1 with Michael's tongue out.  I'm sure photoshop will help me get a good pic out of the 2!)


7.  Wade was recently in my school's junior high musical of Willy Wonka.  He was a Candy Kid, and got to keep this oversized lollipop after the show.

8.  He loves his brother.  Wade is always looking out for Henry, and always giving him hugs and love.  *But don't get me wrong- they have their moments of fighting like cats and dogs. but for the most part, it's brotherly love :)


9.  Wade has a temper.  And for those of you who know me, it may or may not come from me. :)  Here is a pic of Wade with his temper when I was trying to take their pictures.  I kept telling him to look at the field, and he about had it.  He was tired of looking at the dumb old grass and just wanted to play on his playset! :)

10.  Wade loves his daddy.  Here he is helping Daddy drive a Massey Ferguson tractor around to push dirt around the new addition to our house.

And there you have it.  10 things you need to know (and love) about my Wade Benjamin.

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up...just like Wade! I'm laughing especially hard at #4 and #9. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was definitely the cutest kid on stage for Wonka, and enjoyed his lolli the most :)

    ReplyDelete