Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Henry

Henry. Sweet Henry.
Henry is my youngest son- he's 20 months old today- 1 and 1/2.  :)  Here are some things you should know about my Henry.


1.  He likes to be outside.  all.the.time.  I can hardly get him back inside once he is out.
It's usually like this:

Mommy: Henry, it's time to go inside.
Henry: NO!
Mommy: Let's go take a bath.
Henry: NO!
Mommy: Henry Joseph, we need to go inside, it's getting dark.
Henry: NO!
Mommy: You want a cookie?
Henry: COOKIE!!!!! 

which leads me to the next thing you need to know about Henry.

2.  Henry loves cookies.  chocolate chip, oatmeal, sugar, snickerdoodle, oreo.  You name it, he loves it.  And he says it like this "cooooooooookeeeeeeeee"

3.  Henry loves his Daddy.  (and it's usually because Daddy is outside... see number 1)


4.  Henry has a "lovey" and "paci" that are H.I.S.  You take them and he's yelling "loveeeeeey" "pathi" (he has a lisp, it's cute, really, it is)  We have started using only lovey and paci at night, so now the beloveds stay in bed, which makes bedtime REAL easy... because if he gets lovey and paci, he willingly goes to bed.  AMAZING!


5.  Henry likes to hide.  Hide himself, Hide his toys, Hide everything!  When we started taking paci and lovey away for only nighttimes, he would run back to his room and come back out with ANOTHER paci.  Along the 1 and 1/2 years he has been around, I've gone through about 8 packages of pacis... and then, one day, I decided to follow him to see where he was getting these pacis.  He was hoarding them in a secret hiding place.  There were all the pacis... every last one of them!  stinker.  And here's a pic of Henry hiding himself in the closet... with lovey and paci.

6.  Words- I love the words he is picking up on.  We were getting ready for a bath one night and he had a bath toy that was a seagull.  He said "thullgea"  so cute.  I repeated for him, "seagull" and his eyes lit up to know that I knew what he was talking about.  His words to date are: mommy, daddy, water (wah-der), milk (mElk), cookie (cooooookeeeee), no, yes (yeth), please (peath), thank you (tank ku), and mine.

7.  Wild Kratts.  If you don't have children yet, you may not know about this show.  It's 2 brothers who go on animal adventures.  Henry LOVES this show, and even sings the theme song (in his own cute little Henry way) "Wild, Wild, Wild Kratts" comes out more like "why why why kath"

8.  Henry loves his brother, Wade.  He likes to do whatever Wade is doing.  Wade sometimes gets frusterated, but he'll soon learn that it's just because Henry loves him. :)

9.  Henry is mischevious.  He'll be doing something, and I'll say No Henry.  He'll look out the corner of his eye as if to say, "do you really mean, No, or can I get away with it."  He's a stinker! :)

10.  Henry is named after family.  Ben's grandpa as well as my grandpa- their middle name was Henry.  Joseph comes from my dad's middle name.  I'm a sucker for family names.  Lots of people ask if we will call him Hank.  It hasn't stuck yet, but I'm not opposed to it.  What do you think?

So, there you have it.  A peek into my little Henry's world.

1 comment:

  1. Cuuuuuuuute!!! I hope you know your phone is going to be ringing off the hook when it's my time to have kiddos!

    ReplyDelete