Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Part 4: Manual Labor

So, when I told Ben I wanted to do some of the labor ourselves to save money, this is how he responded:

Haha, no not really.  He was very supportive (and that's good seeing that HE would be the one doing most of the work!)  I've got a great husband :)

Here he is demo-ing the brick on the existing house so the wall can be torn down.  It was a slow process... Ben and I worked on it for about 2 hours one day... and got NO WHERE.  The next day, Ben's sister Jennie plus Walt came over to visit.  After visiting, they left, got about 10 minutes down the road, and Walt convinced Jennie to come back so he could help Ben with the brick demo... boy was I thankful!  

Post brick demo :




M.U.D.


I'm not sure what Ben has in his hands.  I don't ask too many questions for fear he'd make me do it!

Our new master bathroom... 

New master bedroom

Master closet.  It's kinda hard to see because you can see right through to the living room...

More cost cutting by hanging our own insulation.  

Double window in the entry way:

French doors leading to a deck:

Existing house wall- soon to be torn down!  YAY!



Tomorrow: Drywall, Friends, Family and a case of beer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment