Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Part 5: Drywall, Friends, Family and a Case of Beer

So, in keeping with last post about saving money- we were able to save a lot of money by 'do-it-yourself"ing the drywall.  When we finished our basement, Ben did it A.L.L.  It was a bare bones basement, and when he was finished, it was his "man-cave" complete with a poker table, bar area, and sectional couch.  (He's still wishing for a big screen TV...)
Anyway, so when we brainstormed ideas of how to save money, drywalling was a no-brainer.

Ben called up some of his buddies (Adam and Adam) to help.  My dad came over to lend a hand- he's no stranger to drywall either.  He's pretty good at it, actually.  My uncles came over for a bit too.

So, with a couple cases of beer, some drywall, and good company... the drywalling begins:

My grandpa Knarr always said "Measure twice, cut once."  

Wade lending my dad a hand.


This is my CLOSET!!!!


Tomorrow:  The wall comes down! :)

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love handy men! I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to even begin drywalling!

    ReplyDelete